LivClean Project Verification Process:
- LivClean guarantees that the all our carbon offset purchases meet the standards of the Voluntary Carbon Standard (VCS) – version 2, The Environmental Resource Trust, or the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM). Independent audits of every project confirms that all our carbon offset purchases meet the standards of these verifiers.
- Once purchased, the carbon offsets are assigned to LivClean Customers using individual serialized certificates. The purchased carbon offsets are then ‘retired’ by transferring them to a retirement account within the GHG Registry.
- In addition, ownership and retirement of the carbon offsets is clearly demonstrated by contract or written agreement with every project owner that provides carbon offsets. LivClean’s contracts with its carbon offset providers state that:
- The contract quantity of emission reductions have been duly verified by a 3rd party organization.
- LivClean has the exclusive right, title and interest in and to the Contract Quantity of Emissions Reductions, free and clear of all liens, claims or other encumbrances
Finally, a third party oversees reviews of all our accounting and marketing claims.
- LivClean’s supplier has not and will not grant, transfer or sell any of its right, title or interest in Emission Reduction Values, or any other rights to the Emission Reductions to any party other than LivClean.